View from the balcony
Kitchen

Living room (notice the clothes drying in the back left corner)Today we went grocery shopping, zhich we do every two weeks, since it is kind of far away. Plus, laundry takes forever doing it by hand. I am getting better at it though. I have started wearing shirts and pants more days, since then I don't have to wash as much.
Oh, so our schedule here is much different than the normal missionary schedule. I don't remember if I have written about that before or not. It was also differnt the one week I was in Abidjan. We get up at 6 30 and start study at 8 00, but we only have an hour of stufy in the morning. Then we leave until noon, and eat lunch and have two more hours of study. We leave again, coming back at 20 00 which is 8 00 at night, they use the 24 time here. We plan, eat dinner, and go to bed at 10 30. We have very full days, but that is good. Sometimes I wish we had more time so we could do stuff like wash dishes, and clean, and write longer journal entries, but it works.
We had stake conference this Sunday, and watched a broadcast for a large part of Africa. It might have been all of Africa, I'm not sure. Elder Holland and PResident Uchtdorf and tzo others spoke. It was very good. One of them talked about this I think, and I have just been thinking about it too. Don't every take for granted anything that comes from the tithing money of the church. I know that I do this way too often. Manuals, tables, anything that comes from tithing money. I know my scholarship at college also came in part from tithing money. Really, think of the sacrifices that people are making to pay their tithing, and be grateful for all that the church can provide for free. It is a great blessing.

No comments:
Post a Comment