Monday, November 24, 2008

Haircut and Happiness

I got a haircut last Monday. Time is a lot different as a missionary. My companion cut it, with some clippers we have in our apartment. So, that was pretty interesting. He did a good job, it's not really that hard to cut my hair, since I don't care that much what it looks like. (I told Michael that he might have to cut his companions hair. I don't think that he believed me before he left)

So, there is a quote in the missionary call letter that says something to the effect that you will find your greatest happiness as a missionary. It really is true. I am not exactly sure how, but I really am happy most of the time. There are times that things are really hard, a lot of those times, but there are other times that are really good. But, it is not really me that is happy, it is more that I am happy to see other people's happiness, if that makes sense. We taught a family home evening the other night with a recent convert and a couple that has been members for a while. So, couple had a temple calender that hadn't even been opened, and they gave it to Matin, the recent convert. After words, just to see how happy he was, it was really awesome. And, to know that the happiness that the gospel brings is the only type of happiness that can last for eternity. So, yeah, the gospel is true, you should all share it with people. And go on missions when or if you have the chance. It is cool. Really hard, especially with learning a language, but really good.

And on December 8th he wrote: "Well, I have a ton of stuff that I have been thinking about lately, and it is really hard to be able to express myself in writing. Or in speaking for that matter. Basically if you could just feel the things I feel, that is the only way to completely understand. Basically right now, I just feel happy. I am not sure exactly why, but things are going good."

No comments: