We had thought that transfers were done when two missionaries got transfered to Cote d'Ivoire last week. But, 4 more missionaries went there this last week. I think that it was all of the district leaders in Togo and Benin. That is what I heard anyways. So that is a huge change. My new companion is Elder Gondo, from Cote d'Ivoire. So, that is a change. It is so much different with an African companion. The culture is just so much different here. That will take a lot of getting used to. It will be hard, but that is okay.
I will be speaking a lot more French now. In our apartment, I am the only one who speaks English. The last week, I have felt like my French has improved a lot. Both with Elder Phillips and with Elder Gondo. I have had to speak a lot more lately it seems like. But, for the most part I can get by. I need to learn a lot of stuff outside of teaching situations though. Understanding is still sometimes hard when it is fast. And my vocabulary is still small. But, like I said, I can get by for the most part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment