So, there is something called Hamatan, here, which is where all the pressure and dust and stuff comes down from the Sahara Desert. Maybe I already wrote about this, I can't remember. Anyways, I don't know a lot about it, but that is what someone explained. So, with this it is supposed to become colder. I had heard it would come at the end of December, but it never did. But, the last couple weeks, especially this week, it has gotten a little colder. You see people wearing coats and sweatshirts, and hats and stuff. So, ''winter'' does exist in Africa. Granted, I doubt that it has ever gotten below 60 degrees, but hey, it is all relative. I don't think it ever gets really hot either, probably less than 100, but the humidity makes up for that.
So, at night sometimes it is a little chilly, and I have turned off my fan a couple times at night, and even needed to cover up with my sheet. For me, it seems great, but for the people who are used to the heat, I think it feels cold. My companion, Elder Gondo, was wearing a sweatshirt the other day, and asked me to turn my fan, so that he didn't get sick from cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment